What up guys & girls!
Hope you are all enjoying your holidays, I have been doing what I like most the whole day: sewing (and helping my boyfriend with his exams), so no tan-time for me today. However, that does not mean we can´t have some fun and drinks, correct? That is why I want to show you this amazing cocktail which I have seen (and cannot wait to experiment) in one of my favorite food blogs cookieandkate.com
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 large lemons, juiced)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 1 large or 2 medium limes, juiced) or additional lemon juice
- ¼ cup light agave nectar or cane sugar or honey*
- 2 packed tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces bootleg mix
- 2 ounces gin, vodka or bourbon
- 2 ounces club soda
- To make the bootleg mix: Juice the lemons and limes into a liquid measuring cup. Add sweetener. Pour the juice and sweetener into a blender. Add 2 firmly packed tablespoons of fresh mint leaves. Blend thoroughly, until the mint is is broken into teeny tiny bits.
- To make the drinks: Fill cocktail glasses with ice. For each drink, pour in 2 ounces of your bootleg mix, plus 2 ounces of your liquor of choice and top with 2 ounces club soda. Serve with a straw, which doubles as a stirring device.
Let us know if you try it 😉
Great holidays to all of you!